We need to support all the school districts that are in the City (and in the region).
- Fight for more state funding and real school finance reform so that we change the status quo where the State hidden property tax (recapture) is responsible for 72% of all property tax increases over the last six years.
- I’m proud the new 10/1 Council stepped forward to help fund teacher support specialists and after-school programs in AISD.
- I’m proud the new 10/1 Council bid on and is working with AISD to make AISD property available for affordable housing.
- The City should continue its work to create more income restricted family housing available all over the city, including in areas where enrollment in public schools is declining.
- We also help with achievement gaps by making sure that we train and match more people who live in Austin for the available middle skill jobs.